T
Posted By
tmgenesis
Nov 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Trying to get Adobe update to update CS2 and when it ask to find my Adobe CS2 it is not hilighted. It will allow me to update 7. I threw PS7 in the trash to force it to show CS2 but CS2 is still not hilighted. Any sugguestions?

Thanks

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Hi Bob,

Did you by any chance move the Photoshop icon out of its folder? (Very bad idea.)

Or did you move the Photoshop folder out of the root Applications folder where it’s installed by default?

Or did you hide it inside of a subfolder you created yourself?
R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Oh, and of course check your Photoshop splash screen (Photoshop menu > About Photoshop) . It’s entirely possible that you are updated already.

Don’t trust the adobe updater blindly; it shows you all updates available for downloading even if you have already applied them.
T
tmgenesis
Nov 16, 2006
Ramon, Thanks for the quick response. I have Photoshop 9.0.2. Just installed on new Mac Pro. Tried to open a raw photo and it does not recognize format which tells me I need to update to the newest camera raw. When I do the adobe update it ask me to find the Adobe program but it is not hilighted. I have not moved any of photoshop out of it’s folder. I downloaded the newest camera raw file but can’t locate which folder it would go in. Do you or anyone else know which file the camera raw plugin goes?

Thanks

Bob
R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Bob,

Your Photoshop is already updated. 9.0.2 is the latest version.

RAW file support is a different matter. Photoshop cannot open or process RAW files by itself. It needs the ACR-plug-in (ACR = Adobe Camera Raw). The version that gets installed upon installation of Photoshop is an old one.

You need to check whether your specific camera make and model is supported by the latest version of ACR, then download the plug-in and install it manually in the correct location AFTER manually removing the old one that came with Photoshop.

Each camera model produces a different flavor of RAW files.

There are detailed, specific instructions on how to install the ACR plug-in on the download page. Print them out and follow them to the letter.

Check the FAQs and the Debugging thread at the Adobe Camera Raw forum. Post there if you have further questions.

Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>
R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Q: I am trying to replace ACR 3.0 by 3.1 (or higher) I cannot find ACR in my Photoshop/Plug-in/File Formats folder, where is it located now?

A: As explained in the "Readme", which can be found on the ACR download page, the new correct location is:
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CS2/File Formats/… Win: \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-ins\CS2\File Formats\…

Make sure you go to the Library at your root level, NOT the one in your username.
T
tmgenesis
Nov 16, 2006
Ramon, Thank You. Reread you original post. Downloaded the newest Camera raw plug in and put it in the root library. I was looking for the old one in my library. Your the man. Thanks

Bob
R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Glad you solved your problem, Bob.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections