How to minimize Bridge when launching Photoshop through double-click?

RA
Posted By
Rafael_Aviles
Nov 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to do this? With my current setup, if I am in Bridge and I double-click on a .psd file, Photoshop opens the file, but Bridge stays maximized. How do I set it up so Bridge gets out of the way?

(I am a newbie in the Mac world; I just recently switched from PC.)

Thanks!

Rafael

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 12, 2006
You don’t.

You can click back on Bridge and click the red or yellow button.
RA
Rafael_Aviles
Nov 13, 2006
Thanks, Buko. I guess what I am noticing is that the area around the open image seems to be transparent, and I see all the stuff on the Bridge around the image. On the PC, the area around the image is solid gray. (This is in the Standard Screen mode, not Full Screen).

So, I will re-phrase my question – is there a way to make the backbround in the workspace solid gray?

Thanks!
R
Ram
Nov 13, 2006
Rafael,

That is the way Macs work. And we love it.

You can remedy your situation in a number of ways.

* Work in Full screen mode (hit the F-key) or

* Minimize Bridge; and set your Desktop to a solid gray (in System Preferences); or

* set your Desktop to a solid gray, and move Bridge to a second monitor, along with all palettes.
RA
Rafael_Aviles
Nov 13, 2006
Thanks, Buko. I guess what I am noticing is that the area around the open image seems to be transparent, and I see all the stuff on the Bridge around the image. On the PC, the area around the image is solid gray. (This is in the Standard Screen mode, not Full Screen).

So, I will re-phrase my question – is there a way to make the backbround in the workspace solid gray?

Thanks!
RA
Rafael_Aviles
Nov 13, 2006
Thanks, Ramon. I posted my other reply before I had a chance to read your tips.

I also noticed that the Photoshop application itself does not have the red/yellow/green buttons to close/minimize/maximize it? If I click on the Desktop (away from an image) it vanishes…(where does it go?). Is this normal?
R
Ram
Nov 13, 2006
Rafael,

ALL Macintosh applications behave in exactly the same fashion.

If you are referring to the menu bar, no, no Macintosh application has the three "red/yellow/green buttons to close/minimize/maximize it". Documents windows do.

If I click on the Desktop (away from an image) it vanishes…(where does it go?).

Clicking in the space of any other application takes you to the application you just clicked on, for instance the Finder. If you don’t have a Photoshop document open, when you click on the Finder the Finder’s menu bar replaces Photoshop’s menu bar when you bring the Finder to the front.

I strongly recommend you get David Pogue’s Missing Manual for Windows switchers coming over to the Mac. It will get you up and going in no time. CLICK HERE < http://www.amazon.com/Switching-Mac-Missing-Manual-Tiger/dp/ 0596006608/sr=8-2/qid=1163380775/ref=sr_1_2/102-3358363-3416 118?ie=UTF8&s=books>
RA
Rafael_Aviles
Nov 13, 2006
Thanks, Ramon!

It’s all beginning to make sense now.

Thanks for the link.

Regards,

Rafael
R
Ram
Nov 13, 2006
You’re welcome, Rafael. Don’t be a stranger.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections