S
Posted By
sebpeters
Nov 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Say I have a vectored square with rounded edges in either InDesign or Illustrator and I copy/paste it into Photoshop as pixles, the edges appear jagged and even print that way. How can I fix this? The rez is at 300dpi. Any ideas?
Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Nov 7, 2006
This of course begs the question why not keep it in ID or AI…

Meanwhile, how big is the file (pixel count)?

At what percentage are you viewing it?
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2006
Why not just make the square in Photoshop?
S
sebpeters
Nov 7, 2006
Yes, these are certainly options but could this have revealed a bug in Photoshop? I originally just wanted to darken the edges of my InDesign object in Photoshop, which is why I went the route I did. The Photoshop pixel count is 300dpi. I simply copied the vector image in InDesign, opened a new file in Photoshop (which captured the size of the copied image), and pasted the image as pixels. The edges came out jagged.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
B
Buko
Nov 7, 2006
I would guess that you are copying the screen view which is 72ppi that’s what happens if you copy paste from Photoshop to ID If you want high res image export a pdf and open that
B
Bernie
Nov 7, 2006
The Photoshop pixel count is 300dpi

That’s not a pixel count, its a resolution

A pixel count is the number of pixels (is 2000×3000 pixels)

The edges came out jagged.

How jagged? Can you post a screen cap?
S
sebpeters
Nov 7, 2006
The image count is 870 x 819 pixles. Here is a screen shot (I hope one of them works) If I export it as a PDF, I won’t get transparency. Or is this wrong? Thanks!

<http://photobucket.com/>

< http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/sebpeters/Sample.jpg>
B
Bernie
Nov 7, 2006
Looks like you have antialiasing turned off.
S
sebpeters
Nov 7, 2006
Cybernetic Nomad – 9:55am Nov 7, 06 PST (#7 of 7)
Looks like you have antialiasing turned off.

— Yup! That was it!
Thanks, guys!
Cheers!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections