ST
Posted By
ska_tm
Oct 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Suddenly as of today I can not open a photoshop file by double clicking it. I’m running 10.4.7 and I haven’t done any updates to any software in quite some time.
I reinstalled the app, I copied every preference I could find from a back up from a few weeks ago. I also copied the "adobe unit types" item from the back up.
Nothing is working.
Any ideas?

thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Oct 24, 2006
What type of file? PSD?

is this all files or just this one file?

have you trashed Photoshop prefs?

if you do a get info on bad file what is the default app to open it?
ST
ska_tm
Oct 24, 2006
It happens on every file I have set to open with photoshop.. psd, jpg, tif.etc..

if photoshop is not open, it opens the app upon double click but does not open the file. If the app is open it goes to photoshop but does not open the file.

I have trashed the preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and then copied the preferences from the backup. Then I did the adobe unit types thing.. restarted again etc…
no luck
B
Buko
Oct 24, 2006
Well it sounds like the Adobe Unit Types problem.

make sure the folder ScriptingAdditions has no space like I wrote it.
ST
ska_tm
Oct 24, 2006
It does sound like the same problem other people have solved with that solution but it is not working for me.
I copied that folder from a backup drive, it’s spelled right. If I boot with that drive photoshop works fine and does not exhibit this behavior.

I just realized I’m having other sudden issues with the computer like other apps having shared library errors and not starting so it may be the sign of a bigger problem
B
Buko
Oct 24, 2006
Archive and Install.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections