W
Posted By
W._A._Jordan
Oct 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently I tried to use the Free Transform option by pressing the Command Key / T however it doesn’t come up. I then look under the Edit option and it appears to be grayed out.
I have tried everything up to and including reinstalling Photoshop to no avail. I have been using this feature for sometime and nothing like this has ever occurred. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Oct 18, 2006
Do you have anything selected to transform?
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Oct 18, 2006
….or be sure you’re not trying to transform the background layer.
W
W._A._Jordan
Oct 18, 2006
Yes…I do have something selected to transform. And it appears that I’m not trying to transform a layer.
B
Bernie
Oct 18, 2006
You can transform a layer. you cannot transform the background layer
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Oct 18, 2006
Color mode?

Layer selection?

Channel selection?

Are you in Quick mask mode?

What version of PS?

etc…

need details.
CB
charles badland
Oct 18, 2006
What tool is selected? Won’t work if you have a vector tool selected in the toolbar.
W
W._A._Jordan
Oct 18, 2006
I’m using CS2 (v9.02)RGB Color mode with the crop tool selected although I have tried other tools with no luck.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2006
Are you absolutely SURE that:
you either have an ACTIVE selection;
or have "targeted" an image on a normal UNlocked (non Background) Layer?
B
Buko
Oct 18, 2006
with the crop tool selected

thats your problem right there.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections