K
Posted By
kentaur5
Oct 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a separate folder for the third party PS plugins where I have installed them. Then made the shortcuts of all those plugins and placed them in PS plug-ins folder. Everything worked fine and Photoshop traced and found all the plugin installed. This worked for some time but then it stopped. Now the PS shows only the filtres installed in its native folder but doesnt trace the links and dosnt load plugins if they are not installed in some of the preset folders. It is no more possible to start the plugin with just shortcut refference they seem to be ignored whent program is starting. Has anybody had a simillar problem and do know what could be a problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Oct 21, 2006
You can set a secondary filters folder in your preferences.

Bob
K
kentaur5
Oct 21, 2006
yeah I know bob … this works ok. I just didnt want the photoshop search through the whole folder when it starts … it is rather big, there are various additional file,maps, help files,pictures together with the plugins executives. Thats why I would prefer to do it using those shortcuts/aliases. It worked just fine but then has stopped … and I cannot find why.
MR
Moira Riddell
Oct 21, 2006
Have you looked in the "Help" folder, my extra plug-ins are in this folder

Moira

wrote in message
I have created a separate folder for the third party PS plugins where I have installed them. Then made the shortcuts of all those plugins and placed them in PS plug-ins folder. Everything worked fine and Photoshop traced and found all the plugin installed. This worked for some time but then it stopped. Now the PS shows only the filtres installed in its native folder but doesnt trace the links and dosnt load plugins if they are not installed in some of the preset folders. It is no more possible to start the plugin with just shortcut refference they seem to be ignored whent program is starting. Has anybody had a simillar problem and do know what could be a problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections