RA
Posted By
Ron_A_Levy
Oct 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently added a larger, second internal hard drive to my desktop, and had to reinstall PS CS2. Everything went fine, but I don’t know how to transfer all the batch files I created in CS2 from my old hard drive to the new one. (I’ve already gone into the Automate subfolder under Plugins, and the batch files aren’t there…). I have my old CS2 on an external hard drive, and reinstalled CS2 on my new 250GB internal boot drive.

The Adobe site talks about transfering from CS — saving an action set ATN file and importing from the new CS2. But what if I can’t open the old photoshop since it is resident on an external drive now (I took the internal drive out and put it in a case so I could put a larger internal drive in the computer)?

Is there any other way to retrieve the action files?

Can I open CS2 on another computer through my external hard drive, assuming the ATN files are still sitting somewhere?

Help please! I don’t want to have to recreate all my actions again…

Ron

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 20, 2006
Assuming you saved these actions implicitly (by clicking "Save Actions" from the fly-out on the Actions pallette), you will be able to simply copy the .atn files from the old presets folder into the new.

If not, you will have to fire up the old installation and do this "Save" to create the .atn files.
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Oct 20, 2006
Ron, in Windows Explorer (My Computer), search your old drive for "Actions Palette.psp" (without the quotes, of course). Copy that file to the same path on your new drive.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 20, 2006
In addition to Joe’s advice, you’ll note there are other presets that you can optionally transfer, like brushes, patterns, etc.
DR
Danny Raphael
Oct 20, 2006
It’s not unusual for Actions Palette.psp to be "hidden."

If you can’t find it on the first pass, change the Windows’ view setting to "show hidden files/folders" and try again.
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 20, 2006
Don’t get in a habit of copying preferences files.

It’s much safer to save the actions and then load them in the new version.
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Oct 20, 2006
Chris, it’s the same version in this case.
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 20, 2006
OOps, I misread the message.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections