Getting pictures from Word documents into Photoshop?

R
Posted By
reddy
Feb 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I’m stumped and can’t find an answer…..

How do I remove and/or copy a picture that’s in a Word document, and convert it to a .jpg or .gif so that I can get it into Photoshop for editing?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
Fox
Feb 10, 2004
reddy wrote:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I’m stumped and can’t find an answer…..

How do I remove and/or copy a picture that’s in a Word document, and convert it to a .jpg or .gif so that I can get it into Photoshop for editing?
Thanks.

usually, you can click on the image object in Word and drag it onto an open document in photoshop (obviously, both apps must be open an you must have an open document in PS) — PS will handle the conversion for you and place the incoming image in its own layer, then you can Save As the format you prefer.

If the image from Word is larger than your work area, just go to Image->Reveal All and the document will be resized to include all of the image imported from Word.

Hope this helps,

Fox
-xiray-
Feb 10, 2004
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:05:40 -0600, Fox Mahoney
wrote:

usually, you can click on the image object in Word and drag it onto an open document in photoshop

Getting *good* images out of Word is not always easy. As you’ve seen Word does not have an "image export" function. IF the image is low resolution then you might get a decent copy by copy/pasting the image into a blank PS document.

BUT, the most professional way to get a good image, particularly a high resolution image, with all its colors intact is to:

1. Convert the Word document to PDF using the full version of Acrobat and the Distiller printer driver.

2. Open the image in PS and watch the settings in the resulting dialog box and set the resolution for the eps to bitmap conversion.

Note that if the Word document creates multiple pdf pages, then PS will only open one page at a time, but by opening the file multiple times you can specify which pages to open.
R
reddy
Feb 10, 2004
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:05:40 -0600, Fox Mahoney wrote:

reddy wrote:

Thanks.

usually, you can click on the image object in Word and drag it onto an open document in photoshop (obviously, both apps must be open an you must have an open document in PS) — PS will handle the conversion for you and place the incoming image in its own layer, then you can Save As the format you prefer.

If the image from Word is larger than your work area, just go to Image->Reveal All and the document will be resized to include all of the image imported from Word.

Hope this helps,

Fox
Jeez, can’t believe how easy that was. Thanks a million.

(sheepishly)

🙂
S
ste
Feb 11, 2004
"reddy" wrote in message
| Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I’m stumped and can’t find an | answer…..
|
| How do I remove and/or copy a picture that’s in a Word document, and convert it
| to a .jpg or .gif so that I can get it into Photoshop for editing? |
| Thanks.

My preferred method is to go to the File menu in Word, then click ‘Save as Web Page.’ This will then save a HTML page, together with a folder that contains all the images. Go into this folder to find the images that were inserted into the Word document. This method also works in PowerPoint.

Good luck!

Ste
R
reddy
Feb 12, 2004
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:39:21 -0000, "ste mc ©" wrote:

"reddy" wrote in message
| Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I’m stumped and can’t find an | answer…..
|
| How do I remove and/or copy a picture that’s in a Word document, and convert it
| to a .jpg or .gif so that I can get it into Photoshop for editing? |
| Thanks.

My preferred method is to go to the File menu in Word, then click ‘Save as Web Page.’ This will then save a HTML page, together with a folder that contains all the images. Go into this folder to find the images that were inserted into the Word document. This method also works in PowerPoint.
Good luck!

Ste
Cool, that works, too. Thanks for the tip.
S
ste
Feb 12, 2004
"reddy" wrote in message
|
|
| On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:39:21 -0000, "ste mc

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections