S
Posted By
scamper200
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop Elements 2.0. Sometimes when I use the cloning tool it comes up as a circle instead of a crosshair. Today all I can get is the crosshair. Does anyone know how to change it to the circle. I find it is a lot easier to work with than the crosshair.

Thank You
Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 20, 2004
Dick

The caps lock will toggle between the cross hair and the circle

Grant
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 20, 2004
Dick,

If you have the caps lock on then the clone tool comes up as a crosshair so check that first.

If its not on then go to Photoshop Elements>Preferences>Display & Cursors … you can change the format from there.

Most likely it is your caps lock

Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 20, 2004
Grant,

Guess we were typing at the same time ….

Wendy
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 20, 2004
Wendy

Great minds … yada … yada …. yada

Of course Doreen has a different version but we won’t go there.

Grant
D
davidcontreras
Feb 21, 2004
Wendy and Grant,
thanks for the info. I’ve been looking for this answer. For me it was the crop tool. There were several suggestions but your tip worked. I checked out the preferences and I will use the default settings until I know my way. I toggled the cap lock and it worked. thanks.
david
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 21, 2004
Glad to be of help David …

When it first happened to me I uninstalled and reinstalled elements … then I found this forum and someone told me how to correct it. It saved me a lot of time 🙂 🙂

Wendy

Grant … I’m still playing in the crimson room and its driving me up the wall!!!!!
D
davidcontreras
Feb 21, 2004
Wendy
I was told to reinstall. I was told I needed more memory. I did not reinstall, the old imac has more memory than ole dave and the new mac, well you know…

David
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 21, 2004
David,

Anytime I get stuck here is the first place I ask … mind you I pop in every day now as the company is pretty good.

Have you tried the Challenge yet? … its a good way of learning new things

Wendy
AT
Andrew_Turek
Feb 21, 2004
Adobe forum people are nice people!

Can anyone explain how I could have put the word nice in bold when writing this post?

Thanks

Andrew
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 21, 2004
I haven’t read this Andrew, but I think the answer to your question is here:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/Images/help/edithelp.htm>

I found it by following the "quick-edit help" referenced just above this message box. I knew I’d seen it somewhere, but it took me a while to ferret it out.

So study up on all of this and then give us the down and dirty version! 🙂
AT
Andrew_Turek
Feb 21, 2004
Thanks Beth, that is exactly what I wanted!
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 21, 2004
So where’s our down and dirty tutorial, since you’ve clearly mastered it?
AT
Andrew_Turek
Feb 21, 2004
When you get to where you want to be bold press ENTER then a b and a space and type the text. When you’re finished with bold do another space and ENTER and just type on. Same with i for italics, c for centre the text, * for a bulleted para to the next blank line, and don’t leave a space after the *, ] the same but indent, and > for indent and block-quote in another font: cut-and-paste what you’re quoting.

Easy!

Andrew
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 21, 2004
Nicely stated, Andrew.
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 21, 2004
I never noticed this before. How do some people put the little smiley faces into their messages too?
Whoops, I must try this again,,,,,,,

Jane
D
davidcontreras
Feb 21, 2004
Wendy,
I haven’t tried the challenge. But I will. Got any answers for Apple discussions? Has anyone tried to access the discussions? It takes sooo loonngg…..
david

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections