RS
Posted By
Ronda_Scrimsher
Sep 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My text tool cursor is wayyyyy too big and I don’t know how to fix it. I would think it was just me, but my friend is having the same problem with their cursor right now too.

I can still use it..but it’s just much harder to use–I have to carefully edit my text…but it’s seriously inconvenient…

HELP!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Sep 27, 2006
What’s the resolution of your file?

What’s the point size and leading on the text?
RS
Ronda_Scrimsher
Sep 27, 2006
Leading is set on automatic..so should be set for a 14 pt font. 72 dpi.–set for TV graphics…
B
BranderChatfield
Sep 27, 2006
Seems some fonts, at least for me, especially the more "calligraphic" ones, generate a larger than life cursor, even tho I purposefully set the text and leading very very tiny…
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 27, 2006
Should be 72 ppi..but IS it?
P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2006
Is the Baseline setting in the Character Palette set to something besides zero?

If not, change it to zero and see if that helps.

Check on a common font such as Helvetica.
DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 27, 2006
I suspect this is what many of us have seen with certain older fonts. It isn’t a baseline, typesize, or leading issue. Simply something odd built into the character sets of many of the fonts drawn in the early 1990s. I’ve moved to a lot of OpenType since then and so can’t remember which ones. Wade Sans Light is one I still use that displays a comically long cursor extending well below the character baseline.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 27, 2006
Try resetting your Type tool preferences:
LenHewitt, "When Photoshop or Imageready do not work right, How do I Reset Preferences?" #1, 30 Oct 2005 8:03 am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Which font are you using? Some of the old Lettraset fonts generated huge cursors.
DK
Doug_Katz
Sep 27, 2006
Yes. Letraset was one culprit….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections