RS
Posted By
Richard_Sohanchyk
Sep 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I saw a tutorial for 4C to BW color conversion that features an RGB symbol that changes as the photo is edited. How do I make this window appear in PS? (See image upper left) Thanks.

<http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002527401192853259>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CB
charles badland
Sep 26, 2006
You can make one.
Start with a black background. Create a new layer. Draw a circle and fill with 255 Red, repeat and fill with 255 Green, and again with 255 Blue. Set the three layers blend mode to Screen. Move the circles to intersect as in your example.
RS
Richard_Sohanchyk
Sep 26, 2006
Hmmm. Not sure if that’s quite it. This was in a tutorial. Whevever the photo itself was edited the RGB paletted changed too. See: <http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/ColortoBW.mov> to see the effect. Thanks.
R
Ram
Sep 26, 2006
The three discs on the black background are an integral part of the file in that tutorial. Look at the layers palette, they’re on the background, which is the ONLY layer.
CB
charles badland
Sep 26, 2006
Right. I should have added flatten the image. then drag onto your background image (should work the same as in his tutorial if it the layer directly above the background image)
JS
John_Slate
Sep 27, 2006
Whevever the photo itself was edited the RGB paletted changed too

And why shouldn’t it?

It is comprised of pixels just like the picture and reacts to the adjustment layers accordingly.

No special "RGB symbol" here.
RS
Richard_Sohanchyk
Sep 28, 2006
Okay. I’ll give it a try. I’m probably a little dense today. Thanks for replying.
R
Ram
Sep 28, 2006
Okay. I’ll give it a try.

??? Why? The author of the tutorial just put it there for educational purposes, for the benefit of the folks watching the QT video. He just wanted to show what his manipulations were doing to his images.

Why would you want to end up with the image of the three discs as part of your final image file?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections