JB
Posted By
Joseph_Bailey
Sep 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Image processor stops on multiple random images with this message when I am processing a batch of Canon cr2 files to jpegs. Mac OS X.4.7, PS CS2 – tried updating today – it didn’t help. I close the above message box by clicking "OK" and get "Sorry’ something major happened and I can’t continue! Would you like to see more info?" I click "yes" and get "Error: User cancelled the operation: 1414" I the click OK and get the picture that was being processed open on the screen. I close it in the usual way. I’ve run disk utility, restarted, Tech tool Pro, restarted., tried to save the files from Image Processor to another disk, all to no avail. I’ve been doing this simple Image Processor conversion from raw to large JPEG and then to small JPEG for a year without problem.
What to do?
Thanks,
JB

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JB
Joseph_Bailey
Sep 22, 2006
I had been processing out full size JPEGs in Adobe RGB, and then taking that set and processing them out as sRGB files with a smaller size for web posting. I tried processing without the sRGB change and it worked…..but I still need the sRGB files for the web, so I went back to the RAW CR2 files and changed the output from Adobe RGB to sRGB in ACR and batched them all through Image Processor at the smaller size without the sRGB box checked (because they are already set to go to sRGB in the ACR window) and it is working.
Why is the Image Processor all of a sudden acting up on random images and refusing to process them if they are set to go to sRGB in I.P.?? This happens to both raw and JPEGs that were processed to Adobe RGB.
Where can I get a list of PS error codes?
thanks,
JB
P
PShock
Sep 22, 2006
Well, the "sorry something major just happened", is nothing to worry about as it appears every time the script is interrupted. The "disk error" message is another matter. Have you checked the drive’s S.M.A.R.T. status with TTP? My bet is that it really has nothing to do with converting to sRGB, and the drive is starting to go south.

On the other hand, have you repaired permissions? 😉 (just kidding – inside joke [but try it if you like]) You might however, try trashing PS preferences. But my hunch is something is wrong with the drive.

-phil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 22, 2006
I would back-up that drive; and then run DiskWarrior — before you do another thing. Seriously.

How much RAM do you have and how full is that HD? And do you have a separate HD for Scratch?

Lack of the above may be part of the problem.
JB
Joseph_Bailey
Sep 24, 2006
Thankyou Ann and Phil,

1. TTP won’t work??? I’ve sent in for the latest upgrade disc. S.M.A.R.T. status is "verified" in Disk Utility, so I guess the discs are OK from that stand point. BUT – I’m getting the upgrade like I should have done months ago.
2. Disk Warrior – upgraded to 3.0.3 on the G5 Quad (and on the morrored partition on the second disk, AND on the Powerbook….ran it and fixed a messy disk,,,,, but no fix for PhotoShop.
3. SuperDuper kept failing to do the automatic Smart Backup of my main drive partition……Hmmmm….."not enough room"……Hmmmm
Soooo …. I meekly erased the disk image of an instructional DVD my wife needed copied earlier this week……..and raised the free space from 2.3MB to 4 GB Duuuuhhh.
Golllyy Gee Whiz – Now it werks rite.

…….Go directly to Jail….Do not collect $200…..

Thanks for the help folks!!!!
JB
R
Ram
Sep 25, 2006
raised the free space from 2.3MB to 4 GB

Any time a drive gets to be 85% full, you are already in deep trouble.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections