MR
Posted By
Martha_Rafferty
Feb 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 was bundled with my Sony Vaio, so I don’t have a CD with which to re-install the program (if tht’s a suggested solution).

When I click Help anywhere within the application, it automatically attempts Internet access through AOL (rather than my IE or MSN), then I get an error message: cannot find "\file:C:Program%20Files adobephotoshop%20elements%202HelpHelp.html"

I’m going nowhere fast and should appreciate your help.

MJ
2/15/04

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy_S
Feb 15, 2004
MJ,

The help files are on your hard disk, not on the internet. From your post I think you know that.

I am one of the many users running XP who had trouble accessing the help files. So I just set up a workaround which works splendidly.

Use Explorer to navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\Help. Choose any one on the list and create a shortcut to that file down on the Quick Launch area, at the bottom of your screen. When you want to view a help file, just click on that icon. Each page has access to the search and index features, so any page will allow easy access to all info. in the files.

Nancy
BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 15, 2004
Or, if you just want the challenge of trying to get this to work –

Start>Control Panels>Network & Internet Connections>Internet Options>Programs

There should be a box toward the bottom of the screen next to "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser." Even if it already has a checkmark in it, remove the check, click OK, and then go back and reinsert the check. This may reset things so Help can be accessed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections