Posted By
Christine_Gant
Sep 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Recently, when I open my files, I get the following message " This document contains Adobe Photoshop data which appears to be damaged. Continue and ignore the Photoshop data?"

The image will still open if I choose "ok" but, why do I get this error all of a sudden.

I’m working on Mac OS X Software and Photoshop CS.

Photoshop is installed on my computer but the images are shared on a network system. I work for a large Museum and this is the way it’s setup.

All of our images are sent out for publication and we have custum profiles etc… I I’m wondering if my images are still "good" if the Photoshop data is missing?

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Christine

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Sep 15, 2006
Do you get this message if you copy the files to your hard drive before opening them?

If not the IT dept has changed something about the network they need to put it back the way it was.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 15, 2006
What Buko said. Also, does it do this with every document? Does it do it on the other machines with these same documents? Have you tried trashing your Photoshop Preferences?

I would also check cables and RAM and do the usual maintainence on your system.

Working across a network can cause many problems. Best to save locally then transfer over.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections