EB
Posted By
Elizabeth_Brady
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need a detailed explanation of how to add text to a phot. I’ve tried using the help but just can’t figure it out. This is so important to me. Please help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KW
Ken_Wolin
Feb 12, 2004
First make sure the photo you wish to add the text to is active on your screen. In the tool box on the screen, there should be a letter "T". Click on that and then choose a font. When you then click on the photo, you will be able to start adding text. This text will be on a layer of its own, which gives you the ability to discard it or change it without affecting the photo.

——- Kenny
KH
Keith_Holdaway
Feb 12, 2004
I would just add that you can also change the color of your text, just look at the Text tool bar after you have clicked the "T" there is a colored box, click on that and you should be into the color pallet.
–Keith
EB
Elizabeth_Brady
Feb 12, 2004
Thanks for helping me Keith. I should have mentioned that I am transfering the photo from Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0, then intending to add the text, then transfer the photo back into albums. I found the letter "T" with its selection of horizontal or vertical and clicked on that. Where exactly is the font that I’m supposed to click next? After I select the font and color, do I next click on the photo to add the text onto the photo? How do I save the photo, then find it again so that I can transfer it into PS Album?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 12, 2004
Elizabeth,

When you click on the "T" look at the top of the screen … there is a bar there and you will see the section for fonts on it.

Click on the "T" change the font and the size of font (if you want to) the click back on the photo in the area you want the text to be …. and simply type.

To save the photo go to the top of the screen and select FILE … a drop down box will appear and you can then click on SAVE AS … a dialogue box will appear and you will be able to give your image a name and say where you want it saving to.

Come back if you get stuck
Wendy
EB
Elizabeth_Brady
Feb 13, 2004
The type still doesn’t appear on the photo. I see the "T" in the rectangular box with all the options and I see the rectangular boxes on top to set the font style, size, etc. I would like to use the text we are using now, but don’t know it’s name. I like size 12 as my regular e-mail setting and would like to use the same size on the photos. But the biggest problem is that I can’t get the text onto the photo. Perhaps if you told me exactly when to click. I click the "T" then slide curser to the right – sliding it across the horizontal selection. Do I click again here? or should my first click allow the type to go onto the photo? If I want to change the font selections, can I do so in advance or must I do so after I have clicked the "T" and horizontal" I think I’ve tried everything but just can’t get it to work. I’m so sorry to be such trouble but I really do want to learn. Thanks so much for your help. Betty
PD
Pete_D
Feb 13, 2004
Elizabeth,

Here are some directions that may help you;

First set your foreground color to the color you want your text (you can change color later but for simplicity set it now by clicking on the color square on the bottom left of your vertical toolbar. Text will be the same as foreground color unless you change it later)

Now click on the Horizontal Text Tool

Set font and size (you said you see where to do this, right?)

Single left Click on the picture in the approximate place you want the text

Type your text

That is it, you should have your text on the picture.

If you need to change the text color size or font or move the entire text; open the layers palette and click on the text layer.

Click on the Move tool (top right on toolbar) then place cursor on the text layer in the picture until you have an arrowhead, single click and "move" by dragging the mouse. OR when the layer is selected use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the text layer around.

To change color, size, or font click on the text layer, then click the T (horizontal text tool), then click inside the text box on the picture at either end and "drag" to the other side. The text will be "highlighted". Now you can change color, size, and/or font.

Hope this helps.

Pete
EB
Elizabeth_Brady
Feb 14, 2004
Hi Pete,
I’ve finally managed to put text where I want! But, I now realize the problem is that the photo I transfered from Adobe Album 2.0 came into Elements so small that the text wouldn’t show unless I used 72pt. How can I enlarge the photo to a 4 x 6? thanks so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Feb 14, 2004
Elizabeth,
You can resize your image (for printing) by changing the resolution. Go to the top menu bar and click Image. Click Resize in the dropdown menu and then click Image Size in the next dropdown. A form will open with the current image dimensions and resolution (ppi) shown.
Make sure the Resample Image box is UNchecked. To increase the size of the image for print, reduce the resolution value.
To get a decent print, you should not go much below 200 ppi. Hope this helps.
Bert

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections