MS
Posted By
michael_Stumpf
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I have something selected, if I got to add to the selection with any of the marquee tools (rectangular, elliptical, single row and single column) the cursor doesn’t show up. It will show up if I choose the new selection, subtract from or even the intersect with selection modes. Its just the marquee tools with the Add to Selection that I don’t get a visible cursor. I have tried deleting the preference file, resetting the tool, and even uninstalled/reinstalled photoshop. It is extremely hard to select things when you don’t know where the cursor is and I can’t seem to find a fix to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Sep 14, 2006
A bug introduced by Tiger. :/

Ann Shelbourne posted a workaround which I believe involved dragging from inside the first selection.
B
Bernie
Sep 14, 2006
If I tap the option key it appears.
BJ
Bob_Janusz
Sep 14, 2006
By golly, it does. Thanks.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 14, 2006
Ann Shelbourne posted a workaround which I believe involved dragging from inside the first selection. >>

Actually,it was from OUTSIDE.
😉

But with either the Shift, or Option key, (as required) being held down BEFORE you start to draw the selection.
MS
michael_Stumpf
Sep 14, 2006
The tap option key works beautifully. Do you think this will be fixed in an update anytime or am I stuck with it?

Thanks for the help everyone.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 14, 2006
Michael:

It was an Apple-caused problem so it would probably need them to fix it.

But it’s a pretty small one and, once you know the work-around, it’s really not something to fuss about?
MS
michael_Stumpf
Sep 14, 2006
I don’t mean to fuss about it, I was just curious. But thanks for the help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections