Posted By
andrewwilson06
Sep 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello
I’ve searched the FAQ etc and couldn’t find a direct answer. Photoshop 7 was running fine until I started using a recommended program called Tune-up Utilities 2006.
Now when I open Photoshop 7 the only thing that shows in File Browser is Desktop whereas before the contents of File Browser showed a snapshot of my system and if I clicked a photo file in My Documents the thumbnails of that folder would be displayed in the main window.
Then I would normally batch rename them which saved a lot of time. Now I can’t even display a folder.
There is a + sign next to Desktop but when I click it I get ‘Could not complete your request due to a program error’.
Is there a Photoshop 7 repair facility available or would it need a reinstall? Thanks
andrewwilson06

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 29, 2006
Try trashing/resetting preferences.

Also, are you updated to 7.0.1?
A
andrewwilson06
Oct 1, 2006
Ed
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried using ALT+CTRL+SHIFT but nothing happened so I couldn’t trash/reset preferences. I have got version 7.0 and have searched for an update to version 7.0.1 but couldn’t find it. Thanks
andrewwilson06
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 1, 2006
have tried using ALT+CTRL+SHIFT but nothing happened

Read the other ways of doing this in the FAQs

searched for an update to version 7.0.1 but couldn’t find it.

It’s there. And it’s pretty much essential!
A
andrewwilson06
Oct 2, 2006
Chris
I found and deleted the .psp’s and restarted but it didn’t have any effect. I have found and downloaded the 7.0.1 update but can’t install it because it tells me I have selected the wrong location to update Photoshop 7.0 but I know it is correct as the file is named Photoshop 7.0.
I then uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop 7 but the problems remain and I still can’t update with 7.0.1.
One final thing, when I reinstalled I found if I moved folders from My Documents to Desktop then Photoshop would put the contents of a folder into the main window.
If I batch rename any pictures however the pictures flash back into the main window for a fraction of a second then disappear. After shutting down Photoshop and examing the folder the pictures that I batch renamed are there but with no file extension (.jpg).
I am totally lost. Anyone offer any more advice please?
Many thanks
andrewwilson06

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections