TH
Posted By
Tod_Hollifield
Feb 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just installed Elements 2.0 and have been trying to manually adjust levels. When I bring up the level adjust graph it is solid black, no histogram to go by. I have used this software on other computers and have never seen this problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Elements and still nothing. Has anyone seen this???

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 11, 2004
Yes, this has come up before, but I don’t remember the fix. I’ve tried doing a forum search twice this morning, but the search function doesn’t seem to be working – or at least not from my computer. You might want to try "black histogram" and see if you can get anything, otherwise we’re going to have to wait until somebody else with a better memory than mine comes along. What format and mode are you working in? I seem to remember a connection, but that might be a figment of my imagination.
TH
Tod_Hollifield
Feb 11, 2004
Thanks Beth for trying. I am working in RGB in jpeg format but I have tried every combination I can think of. Also I have Windows ME if that could be a factor.
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 11, 2004
Tod,

Do you have your display set to 24 or 32 bit color?
TH
Tod_Hollifield
Feb 11, 2004
Thanks Nancy!!!!

That fixed it.. I had it set on 16bit.

Thannks again Beth for your help to.
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 11, 2004
Interesting… I’m glad that Tod’s problem cleared up – but – out of curiosity, I tried to reproduce the problem reported by Tod.

My histogram displays correctly whether I’m using 16, 24 or 32 bit color.

Mysteriousness abounds.
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Feb 11, 2004
Byron,
It might depend on the video card…just a guess.
Bert
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 11, 2004
Tod,

It is the simple things that can drive you nuts!! Glad it’s fixed.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections