Posted By
jon_albertson
Sep 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’ve just installed CS2 and find that it doesn’t recognize the pressure feature on my Calcomp Drawing Board 3 digitizer. It successfully detects the stylus but will not let me set the pressure features in the brush menu…the little triangular warning sign appears indicating that the stylus is not pressure-sensitive.
Any help will be appreciated. thanks
jon

Win XP Pro, Dell Precision 490, dual xeon processors, 4gigs ram

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Sep 29, 2006
You need a new tablet driver from calcomp
JA
jon_albertson
Sep 29, 2006
don’t think it’s that, I just downloaded the latest driver
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 29, 2006
Either the tablet doesn’t have pressure sensitivity, or you need an updated driver (because the current one is broken). That’s all there is to it.
JA
jon_albertson
Sep 29, 2006
That’s all there is to it!? Well, the tablet had pressure-sensitivity in PS 6 and it has it in Painter so I guess it’s not that! And yesterday I downloaded the latest drivers from Calcomp, so I guess it’s not that! Boy, I guess that’s not all there is to it.
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 29, 2006
No, that IS it. If the driver works, then Photoshop would show the pressure settings.

Their driver has hacks specific to each version of Photoshop (for reasons unknown to anyone outside of Calcomp).

You need to contact Calcomp and ask them to fix/update their drivers (and since they are out of the tablet business, that may not even work).
P
PECourtejoie
Sep 30, 2006
Or find who creates tablets for them.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections