RD
Posted By
Robert_Dee_Davis
Sep 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever someone logged in under the windows domain and opens up Photoshop the first time they open or create a new document Photoshop will hang for about a minute before responding and opening/creating the new file.

This is true for administrators and users. I believe it is related to AD group policy but I am not sure what to change. It could be related to a domain user not having enough privileges to the scratch disk for instance. I have messed with the scratch disk settings to no avail. When you log in locally or add a domain user group to the local admin group the lag is gone.

Here comes the interesting twist. After the first time a new document is created or opened you can leave it open or close it without closing Photoshop and create/open another document and there will be no lag. To rephrase that: after opening/creating a new doc the next time you open/create a new doc Photoshop will not lag. It seems to default to some setting after trying it’s first for the first minute and then remembers to use plan B for as long as Photoshop is open. But if you close Photoshop and open it again, the lag will occur the first time you open/create a new doc.

Any help or work a rounds besides adding users to local admin group would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Robert Davis

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 28, 2006
Most likely you have your default printer set to a network printer that isn’t available. When you create a new document is the first time we query the OS for printer information (and Windows blocks the application until it gets it or times out).
RD
Robert_Dee_Davis
Sep 28, 2006
The default network printer wasn’t the issue but there were two network printers that weren’t accessible. Removing them fixed the issue. Thanks so much. You’ve just saved 80 work stations productivity 😛 Now I just have to figure out an easy way to remove those two printers for all users. Hopefully there removal from the DC will propagate amongst the work stations.

Thanks again!

Robert Davis

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections