Are Japanese menus available on the English version of Photoshop CS2 for Mac?

JH
Posted By
Jim_Hollyer
Sep 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today we bought a new MacBook Pro and want to do work with Photoshop CS2. We are about to buy the English version of CS2, but also need the capability to read/see the pull down menus in Japanese (not at the same time, of course). Does the English version of Photoshop offer a toggle to Japanese menus, and if so, where will it be? thanks, jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Sep 9, 2006
Jim,

I know for a fact they are easily accessible in Bridge (which replaces and enhances the Photoshop File Browser), and therefore in Camera Raw too, since ACR follows the language set in Bridge.

They are in Bridge menu > Preferences… > Advanced > Language.

I believe they are also available in Photoshop itself in the Windows XP version, where you set the language through the Control panel; but I have not been able to find such a setting in the Macintosh version of Photoshop.

I suggest you call Adobe directly. These are user to user forums, and we’re all users just like you.
JH
Jim_Hollyer
Sep 9, 2006
Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge, Ramon! – jim
R
Ram
Sep 9, 2006
Jim,

You’re welcome. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
JH
Jim_Hollyer
Sep 10, 2006
Ok, I called Adobe today and they said that there is NO toggle between languages on the menus for Photoshop CS2. So, no I cannot buy and English version and then change the menus to Japanese when I need them. And, no we cannot buy the Japanese version and then toggle to English when we need it. Oh well!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections