EM
Posted By
Eric_Matthes
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone. I have a student who wants to rotate an image. It is a pendulum, and he wants to make it swing. When we make a selection and choose free rotate, the pivot point is always in the center of the selection. Is there a simple way to move this pivot point?
Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 9, 2004
I can’t tell you how to animate but I do know how to change the pivot point. When you use image<transform you will notice a little box made up of 9 boxes (8 white 1 black) right on your options bar between and below the words edit and image. Your pivot point is the box that is black. All you have to do to change your pivot point is click on which box represents where you want your new pivot point.

Terri
RC
Richard_Coencas
Feb 9, 2004
Eric,
to make the animation, just create a new layer for each frame of the animation and then use save for web to create an animated gif.

Rich
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 9, 2004
Actually I have that part. I can push the button and yes get animation. I saved as .gif and e-mailed it. No motion on that end. I figure I must have to encode it somehow. I read a tut on aabout.com on it but it acted like after saving for gif it was a done deal. I guess I must be missing a step to make it move on the e-mailee’s end. By the way, thanks for the input. I didn’t want to sound ungrateful.

Terri
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 9, 2004
Terri,

Yours is the first mention I have ever found to the "reference point location" option. Thank you!!

Byron
J
jhjl1
Feb 9, 2004
I learn something here everyday, thanks Terri.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
you use image<transform you will notice a little box made up of 9 boxes
(8 white 1 black) right on your options bar between and below the words edit and image.
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 9, 2004
It’s pretty useful when moving arms and legs.
EM
Eric_Matthes
Feb 10, 2004
Terri,
Thank you for the pointer. Isn’t it funny how simple these things are when we know where to look?! Eric
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 10, 2004
Terri,

A-Mazing! As many times as I’ve looked at that options bar, I have bypassed the pivot point options……

Ah well, any day you learn something is a great day!

Dick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections