JL
Posted By
Jeanne_L_Allan
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to add text to photographs.

When I click the text tool the entire image turns pink and the text tool is in the mask mode. I’ve tried switching back and forth between the mask and the regular mode but it just keeps behaving as if it is mask. Does anyone have any thoughts?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 9, 2004
Have you tried deleting the preferences file?

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Its usually the first thing we try.

Wendy
JG
JR Gardiner
Feb 9, 2004
Try looking at the pictures mode – usually, when I see the "pink" screen it’s
because the mode is not set to RGB.

Hope that’s it!

Regards,
John Gardiner
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

wrote in message
| I have been trying to add text to photographs.
|
| When I click the text tool the entire image turns pink and the text tool is in the mask mode. I’ve tried switching back and forth between the mask and the regular mode but it just keeps behaving as if it is mask. Does anyone have any thoughts?
RC
Richard_Coencas
Feb 9, 2004
Check the Mode of your image. An index mode image will only display use the mask mode. Make sure you are working in RGB.
Rich

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections