CS2 lock when reading New document sizes…

C
Posted By
cdplayer
Sep 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a serious problem getting Photoshop CS 2 to come up properly. It appears that every other time I start CS 2 my computer freezes when CS 2 reaches the point where it is "Reading New Document Sizes" it was suggested before that I was too reconstruct the preference file by using the following keystrokes control shift alt.

This appeared to work for a brief period but now as soon as I reached the point where CS 2 wants to read new document sizes Photoshop locks. The only way for me to get out of this situation is to reboot my machine and try again. Sometimes on my second try I am able to enter Photoshop sometimes the machine locks up again and I have to shut it down and bring it up in order to regain control of my machine.

This is becoming very frustrating. I am open to any suggestions or comments.

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 26, 2006
"cdplayer" wrote in message
I am having a serious problem getting Photoshop CS 2 to come up properly. It appears that every other time I start CS 2 my computer freezes when CS 2 reaches the point where it is "Reading New Document Sizes" it was suggested before that I was too reconstruct the preference file by using the following keystrokes control shift alt.
This appeared to work for a brief period but now as soon as I reached the point where CS 2 wants to read new document sizes Photoshop locks. The only way for me to get out of this situation is to reboot my machine and try again. Sometimes on my second try I am able to enter Photoshop sometimes the machine locks up again and I have to shut it down and bring it up in order to regain control of my machine.

Thanks!

Make sure you have "view hidden and system files" turned on in windows explorer (tools> folder options)
Delete the file: New Doc Sizes.psp from folder: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings
Don’t edit it with notepad or externally. .

HTH
MH
C
cdplayer
Sep 26, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:

Thanks!

Make sure you have "view hidden and system files" turned on in windows explorer (tools> folder options)
Delete the file: New Doc Sizes.psp from folder: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

HTH
MH
Thanks MH!
I have followed your suggestion. I hope this will clear up my CS2 startup problem.
Cheers!
MH
Mike Hyndman
Sep 26, 2006
Mike Hyndman wrote:

Thanks!

Delete the file: New Doc Sizes.psp from folder: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2
Settings

HTH
MH
Thanks MH!
I have followed your suggestion. I hope this will clear up my CS2 startup problem.
Cheers!
Fingers crossed 😉

MH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections