Posted By
Tel
Feb 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
When using the crop tool it always hops the last little bit when I approach the edge of the image. I doesn’t seem to be influenced by ‘column size’ in ‘units and rulers’ or ‘grid’ settings. Can you prevent this?
My workaround is to increase the canvas size but there has to be a better way.

Tel.

RIP The Gradient museum.
What inspiration!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jhjl1
Feb 8, 2004
You can use the arrow keys, that should move it a pixel per click.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
JH
Jim_Hess
Feb 8, 2004
You can use the arrow keys to "nudge" the entire cropped area. But I’m afraid that jumping action is just there. When I have a critical crop to do, I usually just use the arrow keys. I have never tried it, but you might consider adjusting the speed of your mouse cursor.
NS
Nancy_S
Feb 8, 2004
Tel,

Under View near top of screen, make sure "Snap" doesn’t have a checkmark next to it-problem solved.
DS
Dick_Smith
Feb 8, 2004
Also, you might want to increase your work area around the image so that you have an area beyond the image. I find it’s easier to work close to image edges that way.

Dick
J
JPWhite
Feb 9, 2004
Try pressing CTRL while you adjust the crop area, this should eliminate the ‘snap’ action that can be quite frustrating. Nancy’s view menu fix may be better since this will permanently switch that ‘feature’ off.
I wish Adobe made it default to off after initial instal, it must frustrate a great deal of folks.

JP
T
Tel
Feb 9, 2004
Thanks, one and all, especially Nancy.
I like the permanent fix best. Bye-bye workaround.

Funny how you just don’t see or register these things 🙂

Tel.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections