PS-CS2 – – How to delete a path segment?

TW
Posted By
Tom_Walace
Sep 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This seems unusual!

I’m trying to delete a "path segment" between nodes on a closed path….by hitting the "delete" key once the segment is clicked on with the white arrow.

When I do this, the entire path disappears instead of just the segment I clicked on. I swear I’ve deleted segments using this method all the time….now I’m questioning my sanity…

I’ve tried the "backspace" key to delete the segment also – with it also deleting the entire path instead of the targeted path segment between nodes.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WN
Wesley_Norman
Sep 20, 2006
Tom, when you look at the path, do you see solid (black) nodes or nodes that are white look like circles. If they are all black, then the whole path is selected and will be deleted. What I do, is click away from the path first, then, with the white arrow, click on the path. The nodes should be white. Then click on the node and segment you want to delete and hit the delete key.
TW
Tom_Walace
Sep 20, 2006
Wesley – that’s what’s weird! I’m doing exactly as you describe (white nodes/clicking on the path with white arrow and hitting delete) and it’s deleting the entire path as if they were black nodes and using the black arrow??!!

Strange, huh?

What do you think? I’ve done as you’ve described all along and now it’s not acting correctly. Thanks.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 20, 2006
try resetting the tool, or trashing prefs

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections