How can I get PageMaker layout or Illustrator shapes into PhotoShop?

D
Posted By
dglaser
Feb 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do some ads in PageMaker and sometimes in Illustrator to get text on a curve, but the main reason is for the printing of vector shapes. Now I feel more comfortable working in PS and, with CS offering text on a curve, would like to do start doing the ads with their eps vector shapes in PS. But when I place or import, I get rasterized shapes out of the vector shapes.

How can I get eps vector shapes from Illustrator into PS? I have Illustrator 9 and PhotoShop CS.

Thanks for any help,

Dale

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SW
Shank Williams
Feb 3, 2004
On 2 Feb 2004 18:47:50 -0800, (Dale Glaser) wrote:

I do some ads in PageMaker and sometimes in Illustrator to get text on a curve, but the main reason is for the printing of vector shapes. Now I feel more comfortable working in PS and, with CS offering text on a curve, would like to do start doing the ads with their eps vector shapes in PS. But when I place or import, I get rasterized shapes out of the vector shapes.

How can I get eps vector shapes from Illustrator into PS? I have Illustrator 9 and PhotoShop CS.

Thanks for any help,

Dale
Copy the path in Illustrator, then paste it into Photoshop, whereupon pasting options will be presented. Then make it a named path in the Paths pallette.
T
tacitr
Feb 3, 2004
Now
I feel more comfortable working in PS and, with CS offering text on a curve, would like to do start doing the ads with their eps vector shapes in PS. But when I place or import, I get rasterized shapes out of the vector shapes.

Correct.

Photoshop is not a layout tool. As a professional prepress worker, please, I beg you, take the time to learn how to use the correct tools for hte job. It doesn’t take that much time to learn PageMaker and Illustrator–not if you’re doing this to make money.

Believe me, your life will be much, much, much easier if you start using a hammer instead of a screwdriver to drive nails. The time you invest in learning the proper tools will save you aggrevation and grief trying to use Photoshop for page layout.

If you copy a path in Illustrator, you can paste it as a Pen path in Photoshop. Bear in mind, though, that Photoshop vector shapes and paths can not be edited as flexibly as they can in a vector program like Illustrator, and you’re highly limited in what you can do with them. You will save yourself a lot of grief by doing this kind of work entirely in Illustrator.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections