JC
Posted By
Jane_Carter
Jan 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am going to need to install it for my next class. I had a problem installing the Hidden Powers that I downloaded(never got them installed correctly+gave up), so I figured the safest thing to do is ask you all here for advice before I even pull the CD out of the book.
I promise to keep my mitts off it,,,,,,
I have a Mac G4 with OS 9.2.2 Have PSE 2 with tons of added filters and goodies. Should I install on my Powerbook first, so that the PSE that is on that would be ‘uncluttered’ with all the extra filters?
Thanks in advance,
Jane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim_Hess
Jan 30, 2004
Let me see if I understand your concern. You cannot actually install the Hidden Power add-on tools until after you have installed Photoshop Elements. You would be able to install the sample files because that is simply a copy process. But in order for you to have access to the additional filters and other features you would have to install Elements first. I don’t know if you have tried to use any of the Hidden Power tools, but they remain pretty much isolated from you until you actually decide to use them. Consequently, I don’t believe you would feel that your Elements installation is "cluttered".
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 31, 2004
Jane, here’s what I copied from someplace.

Mac installation

1. Read the installation instructions in the introduction of the book.

2. Locate the password for your installer in the introduction and note it for use during the installation.

3. Insert the CD, and wait for the Hidden Power splash screen. [If no screen appears in 2 minutes, open the CD by double-clicking the icon on the desktop.]

4. Read the agreement and select Accept to continue.

5. Click the Tools link. This will reveal 2 screws (unmarked).

6. Click the left screw to install HP1 (for Elements 1); click the right screw to install HP2 (for Elements 2). This should open a splash screen for the installer.

7. Follow the installation instructions on the installation screens. A search will be completed, the files installed, and the HPREADME.txt file should open.

8. See Use the Tools.

Use The Tools:

The tools for PE1 can be found on the Recipes palette. Choose Hidden Power from the drop menu and the initial screen for the tools will appear.

The tools for PE2 can be found on the How-To palette. Click either the CD icon or the Hidden Power link to open the tools palette.
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 31, 2004
Hi Beth, Thank you!
I will do this to the letter tomorrow morning. On my Powerbook, I will take screenshots along the way. Your instructions look like the way all my other PSE add ons installed with out a hitch.
(I did have to get Ray or Sara to unstuff Shipleys using Zip and not Stuffit to get them to install correctly.
They sent them to me to install, no problem. Pauls website warns of this.)

Hi Jim, I have many many filters such as EyeCandy, Xenofex, Flaming Pear, and others installed. That is why my PSE 2 looks cluttered. I do have the Hidden Powers from the download, but they are not properly positioned inside my PSE. I am still sort of a beginner, and never have seen what the actual inside of the PSE 2 folders should look like. Where everything should be is my problem, *all* filter packages sort of install themselves and end up where they should be so that they work properly. Paul Shipleys goodies landed where they were supposed to be, all the add on filters, but my Hidden Powers are still floating around inside PSE 2 not where they should be, to work. I cannot explain this any other way, other than screen shots, so that is why I gave up on them.

I will start from scratch over again, and follow all instructions to the ‘T’, but if things have to be re-positioned after installation, thats where I fail. So I will wait and follow instructions, but use the Powerbook where my PSE 2 is, without any other filters or goodies.
Sorry for the long way that I have to say what I want, I am not good at this, but I sure am learning Fast!

Thank you all for helping me thru this, as I really would love to have the Hidden Powers! Jane
RL
Richard_Lynch
Jan 31, 2004
If you need help with the installation, please contact me or discuss on my forum rather than this one.

Click my name above to get my email address in my profile.

Richard Lynch
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 31, 2004
Thank you, I will do this right away! I am really looking forward to this, and having these will be wonderful for me to use in our class.
Jane
JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 31, 2004
Success! Thank you!
Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections