P
Posted By
puddingbag29
Aug 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, not sure if this is a error but it seems to be i have tested this on several different mac computers with different versions of photoshop so im not sure.

I am designing a colour advert which i am going to convert to greyscale as its for a newspaper advert. In cmyk all of the black text text is 100% black and the photos are colour. When i convert the file to greyscale and test it using the eyedrop, it it show that the black in made out of cmyk and not just black which i thought it should be as its greyscale

I then put the file in indesign and had a look at the file in seperation and it showed that the black was 91% of black. so i dont know how to correct this as if you state you want 100% black surly thats what you should get??????????????

hope you can help as i can not think of a soluction

thanks

Tim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Aug 4, 2006
"test using the eydropper"

And what is you info window set to? Make sure it is to "Actual Colour"

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1KekYaRyHe5ePCKtdr mLRFIM7lM0az>

As for InDesign, the same also applies. teh 91% reading you get is because 0/0/0/100% in CMYK is not the darkest colour you can get. Again, make sure your colour settings are OK

BTW, you may want to read up on colour management
P
puddingbag29
Aug 4, 2006
thank you for your reply

I think the biggest question is i have a geyscale image and it is set to actual color but in the colour picker it show:

72 m 66
y 65
k 74

when its a greyscale image, is this normal?????????

Tim
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Aug 4, 2006
Then the image is not in greyscale mode

The numbers you describe are for a rich black. It is normal if the file is in CMYK mode. If you want your image on the black plate only, convert it to greyscale.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections