how to select an object and make all surrounding disappear, without using an eraser for hours

J
Posted By
jvoortman
Jan 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
how to select an object and make all surrounding disappear, without using an eraser for hours
I have a picture, and I want to isolate an object in that picture so all I end up with is the picture. I took a photograph of a paper roll, and then I scanned it, and saved it as a tiff. I don’t want all the backgound stuff to appear, just the rolls themselves. Is this possible, without actually using the eraser tool and painstakingly eliminating the stuff I don’t want. Years ago when i had a Mac, all you needed to do was "lasoo " the object, and it automatically selected the object right to its edges, and then you could do a copy and past it where you wanted . Can this be done in the world of PC’s? I am using Windows ME and Photoshop 7. Thanks for any help you can offer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections