O
Posted By
Oh2
Jul 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working with a 5.9 GB folder of images (296 in all) and have been using the File Browser to access each in succession as I work. My mission is to tweak level adjustments and image sizes etc. as to make a user friendly slide show for family members but I don’t want to mess up the originals. So it’s "save as" <abc.jpg> once I’m finished with each image and then I close the original without saving changes.

The file browser has worked just fine until now since I’m up to about the 180th image in the folder. Beyond this point, images won’t display in the file browser like they did… instead, displaying solid black without image names or even frames. Seems like this might be a memory preferences issue but I can’t figure out how to fix it. Help.

Mac OS 10.3.9, 2 GB ram (60% dedicated to PS) and Photoshop 7.0.1.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jul 30, 2006
That’s an OS limitation. More specifically, the Finder, which has a limit on the numbers of pixels it can display vertically.

They worked around that in Photoshop 8 (CS), and Bridge, which replaces the File Browser in Photoshop 9.,x (CS2) has no such limitation.

It’s time for you to upgrade. Photoshop 9.0.1 runs beautifully in Panther 10.3.9. B)
O
Oh2
Jul 31, 2006
Okay I’ll look into upgrading. For now though, I may just try splitting the files up into several different folders to see if it helps. Thanks a bunch Ramón.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections