Emptying a swatch list to obtain an empty palette- How?

M
Posted By
macmuse
Jul 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was looking for a way to clear a swatch list so as to get an empty palette to start new. It doesn’t seem I can delete the whole group, and I don’t see a command to start a new swatch palette. If I were to have to manually delete each little swatch one by one it would take forever. There’s got to be a better way, eh?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 29, 2006
Save an already existing swatches palette and name it something new. Then you can delete all in the Preset Manager, however in order to save the empty set you will have to leave one swatch in it.

If you restart Photoshop the new swatch will appear in the flyout menu for easy loading.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 31, 2006
If you delete all the swatches, Photoshop loads the default swatches at launch (assuming that you deleted preferences).

If you want to create your own swatches – just create them. And you need to read up on the Preset Manager.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections