Posted By
parka
Jul 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve this photoshop file in CMYK.

Let’s say I divide it into half down the middle with the ruler. How can I make the right side grayscale? Meaning when I place the eyedropper over the image, it will show only percentages in K.

The left side will still be in CMYK.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 29, 2006
Even a Grayscale image is going to show CMYK values with the eyedropper depending on how you have the Info palette set. You can get the effect you want with Channel Mixer Adjustment Layer with Layer Mask. Set the Info palette to show K values in the first readout.
P
parka
Jul 29, 2006
This is strange.
The info palette is obviously telling the truth ( I assume). Then why is it that a grayscale can display CMYK values? It can but in theory the CMY should be 0.

I’m puzzled.
E
eltee
Jul 29, 2006
Truth comes in different colors : )
AR
alan_ruta
Jul 29, 2006
Parka, if you are getting zero readings in cmy on the right side (grayscale?) of the image then you are creating the effect correctly. You can’ have a dual mode file but in reality if the K channel of the right side is a full grayscale conversion of the image then it will print as I understand you want.

alan
P
parka
Jul 29, 2006
Awesome. Thanks guys!
I got it.
MH
Michael_Horne
Aug 2, 2006
You could select the half that you want to be greyscale and cut it (save your selection first) and then simply reload your selection and paste the CMYK channels that you cut into the black channel and adjust to taste.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections