could not open … because there is not enough memory (RAM) ????

TM
Posted By
typo_man
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have been supplied some .psd files from a client who is working on a MAC OSX, in photoshop 9. i am on OS 9.2 on photoshop 6.

the problem is i cannot open the files he is sending me because: "could not open … because there is not enough memory (RAM)".

does anyone know how to solve this problem so i can open his files? i’m at a total loss as his files are only 4MB and i’ve been working on my own files which are 50MB.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 26, 2006
No, a bug in Photoshop 6’s code makes it incompatible with files produced in V9. You may have to try to open and save the files in V7 or V8 to be able to open them in V6.
P
PeterK.
Jul 26, 2006
I believe version 6 had a bug in it that prevented it from opening some PSD files properly. A fix was never provided for it. If you can, you might want to try getting the client to supply the files in a different format, or use a different version of photoshop yourself.
B
Buko
Jul 26, 2006
Version 6 has a bug that prevents it from opening CS (v8) and CS2 (v9) files you need to have the PSD resaved with 7 or you need to upgrade your computer and software.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 26, 2006
I stand on my opinion 😉
TM
typo_man
Jul 26, 2006
many thanks for all your replies!
B
Buko
Jul 26, 2006
Pierre this started with version 8 CS

here is the FAQ <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.2ccffb0b>
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 26, 2006
The fact that is started with CS does not negate the fact that it does not work with CS2 :~)

Yes, indeed, you are right!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections