Multiple Layer Styles (Same Style) Per Layer?

DN
Posted By
Dan_Neumann
Jul 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m wondering if you can add multiple Layer Styles of the same style to the same layer?

For instance, I’d like to add 2 different Drop Shadow Layer Styles to a particular layer. Can I do this?

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jul 25, 2006
Have you tried it? 😉
DN
Dan_Neumann
Jul 25, 2006
Haha. Yes.
When I go to add another Drop Shadow it thinks that I want to modify the first one and brings up that window. Am I overlooking something?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 25, 2006
You’ll need to make the first Drop Shadow its own layer first then do the second one.

From the flyout Option(or right click) context menu–Create Layer.
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Jul 25, 2006
You can however have two different styles applied to the same layer
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 25, 2006
The solution in the meantime is to duplicate the layer, change the values of the drop shadow, and lower the FILL opacity of the layer to 0.
DN
Dan_Neumann
Jul 25, 2006
Ah, yes – thanks, Pierre.

I wonder if anyone else has ever wanted this feature. I guess it’d just be nice if the Drop Shadow options were a bit more robust.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 25, 2006
Yes, others have asked for this, but all the other apps that have access to the layer styles would then need to be re-written, and there is a workaround…
BG
barry_gray
Jul 25, 2006
Don’t forget to uncheck "use global light" or the old style will follow your new setting.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections