NF
Posted By
neal_fane
Jul 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop CS2 the "Transform Function" is no longer available to manipulate Alpha Channels or Quickmask. This is a VERY important feature that was available in every other version of Photoshop.
If an Alpha Channel is highlighted, and a layer is selected, the Transform function applies to the Layer. If no layer is selected Transform is not an option. There is no way to scale or transform pixels in the Alpha or Quickmask channels. Please restore this function!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CB
charles badland
Jul 19, 2006
Works here.
Only problem seems to be if a path or Shape Layer is involved.
R
Rothrock-
Jul 19, 2006
Sorry, but I am able to transform both pixels and selections (two different things) in a quickmask and on an alpha channel. Maybe the functionality has changed?

Care to elaborate a bit further?
NF
neal_fane
Jul 24, 2006
Sporadic Flaw here. Now when I try to transform channels or quickmask, everything works. I now recall encountering, then overcoming this error previously. Perhaps it happens on files with a many layers & layer sets. It must be a rarified situation or caused by a specific sequence.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections