D
Posted By
dfekety
Jul 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am designing a graphic that will be used to wrap the side of a tractor trailer however, I am having an issue in the fact that I can’t print the file. Although the final output will be run through our RIP and setup to tile properly I am unable to print any sample files of the design from Photoshop to show the client. It’s a CMYK file, 282in. wide by 54in. high and the document size when opened says its 980.3M/2.68G. I’m running PS CS2 on a 2.5Ghz G5 with 3.5G of memory. Any ideas as to why all of the print menus are greyed out?

dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
Jeff_Schewe
Jul 18, 2006
The print limit is the old Photoshop limit of a max of 30,000 pixels for printing out of CS or CS2. If you need to go beyond that, you’ll need to do so with a dedicated rip.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 18, 2006
dfekety,

The resolution of your file is probably way higher than it has to be. For truck graphics, billboards, large posters, signage, exhibition and show hall graphics, you can get away with amazingly low resolution (25 ppi is not atypical) because the expected audience is going to be viewing it from yards away, rather than inches. I’ve created 300 ppi truck graphics for 1:12 enlargement without regrets.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 18, 2006
If very high resolution is required for a specific purpose, you can tile the image.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections