KC
Posted By
Kevin_Cecil
Jul 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have a 150 user license for Creative Suite 2 Pro. We installed it last year when it shipped and have been using it without incident ever since. We have updated various portions of it (InDesign for example) using Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) to "push" the updates so we don’t have to visit each computer. We accomplish this by replacing the application, and all support files with the new versions using the "File Copy" functionality of ARD. We have been using this method without fail since our move to Mac OSX several years ago. Our designers are not administrators of their computers and cannot run software update themselves.

The problem came up with the latest round of updates, specifically Photoshop 9.01. When we replace the application, and support files, the next launch of Photoshop generates the Space Monkey splash screen, then the subsequent error that the name, organization, or serial number information is missing or invalid. Replacing the application file with 9.0 reverts Photoshop back to where it will work, but we need the fixes provided by 9.01, and do not want to visit 150 desktops to update them. The silent installer is to install only, not to update, so that is not an option. Is anyone else managing a large license and have experience updating this way? What have you done to successfully upgrade?

Before THIS version (9.01) of Photoshop, this has worked wonderfully. Anyone?

We have a maintenance contract, but tech support will only give the "reinstall everything from scratch" answer. In my opinion, that is an invalid answer for an enterprise user with 150 to install…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Jul 18, 2006
Contact customer service, not tech support. Licensees with 150 seats just might merit a little special consideration. Start out asking for a supervisor; don’t bother talking to a first-tier CSR.

These forums are generally only populated by users like you, and not Adobe employees, and in my recollection, I don’t ever hear a whole lot from people running that many licenses. Most of us are single-seat users here, I think.
RS
Robert_Sonnberger
Aug 1, 2006
Hello Kevin,

I had exactly the same problem as you posted here two weeks ago. This Problem must have to do with a bug in ARD that you somehow can’t copy .app Packages that contain complex Framework structures/aliasses.
You can see this
a) by looking at your console messages
b) comparing folder sizes of original and cloned folder "Photoshop CS2".

I have no very nice solution till now, but perhaps this helps: Compress your "Photoshop CS2" folder with "BOM Archive Helper" before copying with ARD. After copying that .zip file uncompress it and start Photoshop from this uncompressed folder. It should start now.

This effects all other CS 2 apps, except Help Center as my tests showed. I’m working on a package with the Apple Package Maker to get a 1-click solution.
EO
Eric_Oxenberg
Jan 3, 2007
This last post is for anyone who like me has this Space Monkey bad registration issue after December 2006. In the Macintosh Archives, another user suggested force-resetting Photoshop CS2’s prefs by holding CMD+OPT+Shift while launching the app. Just wanted to say that this does work, and you need not call Adobe for help.

Intel Mac Pro dual 2.66 Xeon/2GB/250 HD
OS-X 10.4.8

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections