CB
Posted By
Curtis_Basner
Jul 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I searched the forum, but didn’t find an answer for this.

Adobe says in Photoshop Help that you can back up or save a copy of the actions that you create, but I have no idea where the folder that contains the actions is located, nor the name of the file that actually contains the actions. So, I guess I need to know those things. Secondly, if I make a copy and put it in a safe location, and if for some reason ever had to restore those actions into Photoshop, how would I do it, simply place the file back in it’s proper location and restart Photoshop?

Thanks for any help in this matter. I just spent quite a bit of time creating new actions and don’t want to take a chance on losing them!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jul 17, 2006
You need to save the actions as a set. Where you put them is up to you. I keep them in a folder in my Documents folder, others keep them in a folder inside the Photoshop folder, but you need to remember not to throw them away if you trash the application folder when you reinstall Photoshop for whatever reason.

Until you save them, they’re only embedded in the Photoshop preferences file.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 17, 2006
There is a button on the top right side of the palette, it will give you options to load and save actions sets.

You’ll find way more info about actions at: <http://www.atncentral.com/tutorials.htm>
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 17, 2006
If you save them (or a copy of them) to the Photoshop Actions folder in the Presets folder they will appear in the palette flyout arrow menu list for quick loading/unloading. A great timesaver IMHO.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections