DB
Posted By
Dillon_Buffington
Sep 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I Upgraded my computer and installed a new version of windows on my C: drive. Photoshop is on the D: drive. The thing is i have 2 windows folders on my C:, because we needed to save all my pictures and documents. My question is, if i reformat my C drive and install windows, will i be able to open photoshop? Also how can i unsinstall Photoshop if it wont show up in Add/remove programs?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 2, 2006
Reinstall it right on top of itself. That will put the proper files in the registry. Then deactivate it, back up all your data and do the Windows and application installations the right way….

Put the XP CD in the CD drive, set the computer to boot to the CD and when prompted, delete the c and d partitions. Create the new partitions and do a nice clean install. You won’t regret it.

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Sep 2, 2006

1. If you re-install windows you will need to re-install Photoshop (and
all other applications that create registry entries).

2. Just re-install to the same location – no need to uninstall
DB
Dillon_Buffington
Sep 2, 2006
When i try to reinstall photoshop onto itself, i get an error message saying photoshop is already installed please uninstall and try again. I Most likely will get a new hardrive adn just reinstall everything,but its tough having a legal version of photoshop and having a not so legal version of windows
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 2, 2006
a not so legal version of windows

Get a legal copy and start from scratch.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections