TH
Posted By
Teresa_Hurtig
Sep 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently started to get this alert: "For the Photoshop UI to display correctly, open System Preferences, click General, and turn off text smoothing for font sizes 8 and smaller."

Photoshop CS does not display correctly. The type is very light and jaggy. I am using OS 10.2.8 and Photoshop CS. I checked Photoshop Preferences because it has a General section, but nothing there on text smoothing. There is nothing in my System X folder for Adobe. Any suggesttions and what I should do

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Sep 2, 2004
Any suggesttions and what I should do

Yes. Do exactly as the message tells you: "…open System Preferences, click General, and turn off text smoothing for font sizes 8 and smaller."

Emphasis on System Preferences, not Photoshop’s.
TH
Teresa_Hurtig
Sep 2, 2004
Thanks for your prompt reply.

It finally dawned on me that my OS X
System Preferences is sitting right on my Dock and I found what I was looking for. I don’t know how my setting got messed up, It was set for a CRT and I have a flat panel. Text smoothing was set at 9 and not 8.

All is well. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections