SP
Posted By
steve_peters
Sep 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using CS, and sometimes when I try and drag and drop, while holding down the shift key, the layer will not be placed in the exact same place as the original. The files are the exact same size. It is usually just a duplicate of the file that I am already working on. Sometimes it works fine, but then all of a sudden it will no longer work. I have been doing this for years. I ti doesn’t matter if it is a color correction layer, a layer set, or just a regular layer. Anyone else have this issue?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 1, 2004
I have experienced that also. I don’t know if it’s a bug in Photoshop CS or OS X or what. Very annoying.
RL
Ronald_Lanham
Sep 1, 2004
Steve

Are you sure there was no selection made in the window you’re dragging to prior to actually dragging from the other window? The selection may not have even been deliberate (there’ve been times I’ve accidentally left a couple of highlighted pixels from a previous operation that are virtually invisible when zoomed out and that the dragged layer focuses/centers on. (The fix as no doubt you know… if this is the problem… is simply to click with the Marquee tool on the window to which you are dragging.)
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 1, 2004
Ron,

This has happened to me too many times for that to be the problem. My suspicion, based on what I’ve heard from others with similar problems, is that the Shift key is not always doing what it should in OSX.
RL
Ronald_Lanham
Sep 1, 2004
Ed

I’ll take your word for it.

It’s just never happened to me (unless some pixels are highlighted… as I mentioned).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections