BA
Posted By
Bill_Allingham
Aug 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all. I am a new user of Photoshop CS2 running on XP Pro with SP2. Here is my problem. I drew an ellipse with the marquee tool. I then changed to subtract from selection and drew a second ellipse within it which created a "knock-out". How can I select the inner ellipse in order to transform/distort it? I have tried the path selection tool but clicking inside, as per the Help File, does nothing. Actually, I am trying to follow the tutorial here:
<http://www.heathrowe.com/tuts/textrings.asp>. I am okay up to step 5 then the trouble starts. I suspect an instruction is missing.
Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DB
David_Biddlecombe
Aug 22, 2006
Sounds like the problem is that you’re using the elliptical marquee tool rather than the ellipse tool suggested in the tutorial. This means that you’re drawing a selection rather than a path. The ellipse tool is one of the shape options that will pop out from the rectangle tool if you click and hold. Situated below the text tool and to the right of the pen tool on my tool bar (CS1).
BA
Bill_Allingham
Aug 22, 2006
Bingo – that was it exactly. Thank you very much, David. I suppose the first rule for using PS is to learn how to read. Actually, I didn’t know that tool even existed.
Thanks again.

Regards,
Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections