Action/Batch Insanity everytime, please read before I go postal.

B
Posted By
blackxacto
Aug 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I make an action to open a pict file, crop it, "save to web" as low rez jpeg, named "26a.jpeg", save it, then close original file with no save.

So I go to do a batch on a folder of picts all the same size and rez.

I tell the batch where the folder of originals exist.
I tell the batch to ignore open and save if necessary.
I tell the batch where in a separate folder to store the new jpeg file. I tell the batch to ignore open and save if necessary.
I tell the batch the new file is only entitled a numeral plus the extension.

GO.
The batch starts, then always asks if I want to replace the original #26a.jpeg.

What the hell is happening? What am I doing wrong? jr

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 27, 2004
What version? CS? Try specifying the destination in the action itself. There seems to be an issue with Batch in CS.
DW
Danny_Whitehead
Aug 27, 2004
If I read correctly, your batch is instructing Photoshop to save the image with a specific name in a specific place. Obviously, you can’t save more than one image with the same name in the same place, so on the second image, you’ll be asked if you want to overwrite the first.
H
Hexebah
Aug 27, 2004
When creating the Action (with save as) to a new location, did you remove the file first created during the action?
B
blackxacto
Aug 28, 2004
H: Yes, I removed it. But the action seems to have recorded this name, even though I did not instruct it to name it so. I simply pointed the recording to open this one file, do the process, then stop. jr

PS: I’ve since been told that I am not stupid, and that Photoshop Save for Web is not a stable use of Actions, but to work around Save for Web. I’m reading up on it.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 28, 2004
Look into this mega-action tutorial: <http://www.atncentral.com/installing.htm> there is a section about SFW.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 28, 2004
You should delete the Open step. It’s not needed for batching anyway.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections