CC
Posted By
Caitland_Corbridge
Jul 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I lost some images on my card today. I used some recovery software and can now see my images in adobe bridge, but when I try to open them into photoshop I get a fault that says "Could not complete you request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered". Does anyone know how to fix these images? I am using CS2, Windows XP pro, the files are Nikon raw format (NEF).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 30, 2006
they’re probably toast, but you might try opening them with another program. does nikon offer something that reads it’s files, it must right?

a piece of advice for the future… copy the files from the card to your hard drive and then write protect the originals there before opening them. and only open the ones from the hard drive, never directly from the card.
CC
Caitland_Corbridge
Jul 30, 2006
Thanks Dave, I was actually shooting pictures of a family when my display on my camera told me I had to format my card. I put the card into my PC and it told me I had to format too. I’ll look for the software that came with my camera.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 30, 2006
ah that was the 1st bad sign. happened to me while i was on vaca at disney. right away took that card out and replaced it and was lucky enough to get all the pix back when i got home!

good luck caitland.
dave
RK
Ronald Keller
Jul 31, 2006
You could try
<http://www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/dpr.htm>

Good luck

Ronald

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections