R
Posted By
richardjthompson
Jul 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After several days of frustration trying to solve my problem described above, I finally called Adobe’s support. We worked through the problem for several minutes (not hours) and solved my problem. I believe we both learned something working this problem.

The problem was that Photoshop CS will not saved a 16 bits metadata file to a JPG format in the File>Save As menu. It will save a 16 bits metadata file to a PSD, Tiff, PNG, PSB and RAW, but not a JPG format. When I was trying to save the 16 bits data file, I was going to File>Save For Web, which automatically converts the image to 8 bits and drops the metadata information. What I needed to do was convert the file to 8 bits by going to Image>Mode>8 bits first before going to File>Save As. This is what I am doing now and it works fine. No where in Photoshop CS’s user guide does it say you will loose the metadata file when you use the File> Save For Web menu. Now on to bigger and better things.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections