AF
Posted By
Andrew_Faber
Jul 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I delete multiple History steps together? Dragging each of many history steps to the trash can is a pain.
[Frequently I use the Spot Healing Brush to clean up problems that it creates. Sometimes I end up with several Spot Healing steps that all need to be deleted so I can start again.]
Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 26, 2006
Make a Snapshot before you start, or at whatever point you want, then Clear History? The Snapshot should stay. Is that what you need?
DR
Donald_Reese
Jul 26, 2006
I wonder what problems you are refering to the tool making in the first place. are you sure you understand how it functions to begin with?
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 26, 2006
Why bother deleting them at all? Just move up in the history to the last location you want to start at, and do something – they are automatically deleted.
DR
Donald_Reese
Jul 26, 2006
I was going to suggest that myself, but got the impression he was refering to sporatic steps within the history.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 26, 2006
Ah. A non-linear history maybe.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 26, 2006
Bearing in mind what the others said, I would rethink my way of working – it sounds far from optimum.
AF
Andrew_Faber
Jul 27, 2006
Excellent. YrbkMgr, thanks. It was the last several steps that I wanted to delete. Clicking on the last good history step and working did the trick.
As far as am I using the spot healing tool properly or not, who knows? Sometimes it adds it adds things that I don’t want.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 27, 2006
Sometimes it adds it adds things that I don’t want.

Yeah, it pays to play with the options bar when the tool is selected, depending on the what you’re spot healing. I find the regular healing tool much more predictable, personally.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 27, 2006
Also a quick Ctrl + Z after any false step speeds things up. My left hand is always hovering over that corner of the keyboard during retouching.

I feel sorry for the Germans: their Z is where our Y is!
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 27, 2006
And don’t forget Control Alt Z to step backward through the history…

My left hand is always hovering over that corner of the keyboard during retouching

Mine too.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jul 27, 2006
It is the first thing I tell others when they learn Photoshop: ALT, CTRL and Shift needs to be easily available, and the spacebar too!
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 28, 2006
Try doing your retouching on a new layer. That way you can quickly and non destructively undo edits – even selectively, using layer masks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections