MW
Posted By
matt_walch
Jul 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When i try to create a simply straight line it comes uo with a arrow outline and draws it of which is not what i want at all, how can i get a normal straight line?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 19, 2006
Look at the Options Bar. There is a small black triangle dropdpown that allows you to turn the arrowheads on and off. You or someone must have turned it on at some point.
MW
matt_walch
Jul 19, 2006
yer i found that out bout now there is just a huge fat arrow bit with out the head any way of getting into a smal one line?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 20, 2006
Can you repost your question in English please?
MW
matt_walch
Jul 20, 2006
yes ok i have done that but there is still the arrow body without the actually head. how do i get it so that it is a single fine straight line?

oh and there is another thing, how can i border a picture in a specific colour, and is is possible to do it on an oval picture?
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 20, 2006
Oh boy!

How about taking a look in the manual?

…. or the Help files?
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 20, 2006
Changing the options bar will not affect the line you already created. But you can trash it and draw a new one and get a correct line.
MW
matt_walch
Jul 20, 2006
erhm well i cant find any help files or a manual as i do not have them unless you tell where they are kept or just tell me how to do it
MW
matt_walch
Jul 20, 2006
Don McCahill, yes i know but it keeps coming back with a huge fat double line, but i only want a simple fine line
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Jul 20, 2006
erhm well i cant find any help files or a manual

no manual a ? hmmmmm

Help can be found within photoshop at the top of the window, jsut like every other peice of software you use.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 20, 2006
Matt

You must have chosen the double line setting in those options then.
MW
matt_walch
Jul 31, 2006
sorry i was being a bit thick the other day saying that i didnt have any help filesi no exactly where they are.

so how do i change the double line setting on the options?
RS
Rick_Steven
Jul 31, 2006
Solution to your problem is very simple. Select the Line tool, now click on the Geometry options in the options bar (appears as a down arrow after all the tools). Uncheck the start and End. This will remove the arrowheads whenever you draw a line next time.
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 31, 2006
…. and if it’s too thick, change the Weight to 2 or 3 pixels in the Options Bar.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 31, 2006
… and if it’s too thick,

😉

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections