Posted By
giuseppe_craparotta
Jul 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m building my first web site ever.
I’m reading that I can use Photoshop and Image Ready to prepare the page to Dream Weaver treatment. In few words, what it takes to be done is to divide the Photoshop image in slices, which will correspond in cells in Dream Weaver.
It is given the opportunity to group several slices in a table before exporting them all to Dream weaver.
I wonder: what’s the use of creating this table before that Dreamweaver creates its own table including the slices as cells? In other words: why to include an ImageReady created table into another one created by Dreamweaver. Which advantages does this procedure imply?
thanks to all,
Giuseppe, Rome
I’m using Photoshop CS on a PC

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 18, 2006
what’s the use of creating this table before that Dreamweaver creates its own table

The benefit is that ImageReady will calculate the width and depth of each slice for you. It really is quicker to use the IR code.
AS
a_smithee
Jul 18, 2006
The benefit is that ImageReady will calculate the width and
depth of each slice for you.

If you consider it a befefit to create messy, bloated code that is often a disaster in Dreamweaver. Only use Photshop to create graphics. Do everything else in Dreamweaver itself.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections