Posted By
Suede01
Jul 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all

I have done a bit of a search on the forums and it seems like the Mac users experience delays when using various tools after the upgrade to 9.0.1 and I’m using Windows XP on a P4 with 1GB of RAM (they won’t give me more memory!) I am experiencing delays when changing to various tools in PS CS2, but usually only a few seconds of delay, EXCEPT with my text tool. My machine seems to hang, then Photoshop goes white. It has always (so far) *touch wood* recovered after about a minute, and then I can add my text but I am wondering if there’s a solution for it? Anyone else suffering similarly?

Thanks
Shel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Jul 18, 2006
Not directly related to your symptoms, but having the Info Palette open has caused some problems in 9.0.1.
S
Suede01
Jul 18, 2006
Thanks John. I have my Info palette open, but hidden behind my Navigator palette. I’ve removed it anyway and I’ll monitor to see if it makes a difference.

Shel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections